2 August 2011
12 July 2011
Indian Affairs Secretary Arthur Allison has been caught selling illegal cigarettes
7 July 2011
22 June 2011
Susana Martinez Still Batting .000
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Scott Forrester
June 22, 2011 505-934-5681
Albuquerque - Today the New Mexico Supreme Court voted 5-0 that Susana Martinez illegally vetoed a bill by changing the amount of money that Legislators approved for a housing project. Below is a statement from Javier Gonzales, Democratic Party of New Mexico Chairman, on Susana Martinez's simple lack of ability to following the law and continued broken promises:
"At a time when New Mexicans are searching for solutions to the jobs and education crisis, Susana Martinez has once again proven to New Mexicans that her priorities are not in sync with their own. Her cavalier approach to governing New Mexico has led the Supreme Court to overturn her decisions 3 times in 6 months. She continues her .000 average with following the law.”
"This latest decision is an embarrassment to her office. She needs to get on with the business of governing New Mexico according to the law of our State -- not what she thinks the law should be. Susana Martinez ran her campaign on "Bold Change," yet New Mexicans continue to scratch their heads in search of that change. Between the broken promises with back door meetings with oil lobbyist to draw up environmental law, hypocritical misuse of the state plane, or nice cushy appointments for her largest donors, Susana is showing a reckless record of following the law."
15 June 2011
Martinez Turns a Deaf Ear to New Mexico's Uninsured
Albuquerque, NM - Earlier this week, Governor Susana Martinez signed a letter with other Republican governors calling for the repeal of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
If it wasn’t already clear, it is now. When Governor Susana Martinez called for the repeal of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, she made it painfully obvious she is no friend to New Mexicans who can’t afford to see a doctor when they get sick.
Javier Gonzales, Chairman of the Democratic Party of New Mexico, released the following statement:
"By signing on to this blatantly partisan letter signed only by Republican Governors, Susana makes it clear she thinks we were better off when a child receiving life-saving cancer treatment could be cut off at anytime or a child with pre-existing conditions were being denied coverage in ever-increasing numbers. In these tough economic times New Mexicans are searching for solutions to our problems not backward thinking that got us into this mess."
STATEMENT: DPNM Chairman Javier Gonzales on Lt. Gov. John Sanchez's Entrance into the U.S. Senate Race
24 May 2011
For Immediate Release Contact: Scott Forrester
May 24, 2011 505 934 5681
The following is a statement from Javier Gonzales, Chairman of the Democratic Party of New Mexico, on Lt. Guv John Sanchez's Entrance into the U.S. Senate Race:
"John Sanchez's entry into this field is a weak and desperate attempt by the Republican Party to placate the Tea party's extreme right wing agenda. The biggest question now is which one will be the first to support Paul Ryan and Speaker John Boehner's plan to end Medicare for New Mexico's Senior Citizens and balance the budget on the backs of working class New Mexicans. New Mexicans will not forget Heather WIlson's ethical lapses or John Sanchez's use of undocumented workers at his roofing company. Neither John Sanchez nor Heather Wilson are the right choice to fill Jeff Bingaman's shoes," said Chairman Javier Gonzales. "The race to the right between Heather Wilson and John Sanchez has begun and New Mexican's will have none of it. When the time comes New Mexico will overwhelmingly reject a Tea Party Senator."
13 May 2011
Martinez Administration Violates Three State Regulations on State Plane Usage
For Immediate Release Contact: Scott Forrester
May 13, 2011 505 934 5681
Albuquerque, NM - Larry Barker has uncovered yet another broken promise from the Martinez administration, this time a violation of the state's policy governing the use of the State Airplane. This is the same Martinez who promised New Mexicans to "Sell the Jet" and make better use of the other State Airplanes. Below is a statement from Democratic Party of New Mexico Executive Director Scott Forrester.
"Susana Martinez ran her campaign on selling the state aircraft and making better use of the state planes and yet two months into office we find out that she violated three state regulations on the state aircraft, not one, but three," said Executive Director Scott Forrester. "Susana has shown that following the law is not her specialty; rebuked twice by the Supreme Court, over steps veto authority, now violates three state regulations on state aircraft usage. This is truly hypocritical of the Governor and she beginning to show a reckless record of broken promises."
Larry Barker story:
State plane fiasco: Oops not again? http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/larry_barker/secret-mission%3A-state-plane-...
Candidate Martinez on state plane usage:
Martinez Accused Denish Of Being Above Plane Rules. According to Martinez’s Ad, “Diane Denish, rules for us are below her. Denish told schools to cut energy use 10%. But use the state’s Luxury jet as an air taxi for her family and friends. Wasting 367,000 in tax money. And breaking state regulations 39 times. Claimed state rules don’t apply to Richardson and Denish. Schools cut budgets, while Diane Denish wasted tax money flying a luxury jet. Diane Denish above the rules. More of the same.” [Martinez Jet Commercial, 8/27/10]
Martinez Attacked Denish For Plane And Christmas Cards. Announcer: As jobs were lost, Richardson-Denish wasted millions. Abused the state jet. Denish even spent Federal stimulus funds on campaign Christmas cards. We need change. Susana Martinez. SM: Over 80% of all jobs are created by small businesses and that’s why my plan focuses on them. By ending corruption and eliminating wasteful spending, we can phase out job-killing taxes to help all small businesses grow. If we have the courage to make bold changes, we will turn New Mexico around. [Martinez Jobs Commercial, 7/22/10]
Martinez Released Attack Ad On Denish For Using The State Plane. According to Joe Monahan, “While the DGA was making Susana out to be a bonus baby, she was doing some attacking of her own and again relying on the symbol of the state’s gravy days--the state jet. Here’s her latest ad hitting Di for being a jet setter. Anti-jet sentiment is obviously playing well in the polls and focus groups for Martinez. She’s been reheating those leftovers all summer. For some in a populist mood the use, or abuse of the state jet, nicely sums up their anger.” [Blog, Joe Monahan, 8/30/10]
Martinez Called Denish’s Increased Use Of Government Airplane During Historic Deficits “Unacceptable.” According to an official press release, “Susana Martinez, Republican gubernatorial candidate today issued the following statement in response to news reports of Lieutenant Governor Diane Denish’s increased use of government airplanes: ‘As New Mexico experiences a historic budget deficit that has left the state bankrupt, Diane Denish has actually increased her use of government airplanes to travel across the state. Quite frankly, this is unacceptable. On the very same day the Richardson/Denish Administration proposed new tax increases on New Mexico businesses and families, we learn that the lieutenant governor continues to benefit from the perks of power at the expense of taxpayers. We have grown weary of elected officials who tax too much, spend too much and deliver too little to the people they are elected to serve. This November, that will change, and as governor, I will clean up the Roundhouse and end the waste, fraud and abuse that has been swept under the rug for far too long.’” [Susana Martinez Press Release, 1/20/10]
10 May 2011
"This is yet another example of President Obama demonstrating strong leadership by taking on an important issue that other leaders have frankly been too timid to take on. The President understands that solving the immigration crisis requires not only a comprehensive approach that includes increased border security but also a recognition that there are millions of immigrants in the United States contributing to our economy."
Check out some of the highlights from the speech:
Fixing America’s Broken Immigration System and Protecting Americans at the Gas Station
· As President Obama said, immigration reform is an economic necessity – that’s why so many businesses and leaders from both ends of the ideological spectrum are calling for reform.
· President Obama believes we have to reform our immigration system so that we as a country live up to our values and our heritage as a country of immigrants and a country of laws.
· We have to fix our current system. Millions of people are living in the shadows and are vulnerable to businesses that avoid taxes, pay less than the minimum wage, or take risks with their employees’ health and safety. In addition, businesses that follow the rules and Americans that correctly ask for the minimum wage or overtime or a safe place to work are at an unfair disadvantage under the current system.
· Reforming our current system will do away with a huge underground economy that takes advantage of a cheap source of labor while pushing down wages for everyone else – in the end, reform will strengthen the middle class.
· In the recent past, the biggest obstacles to reform were questions about border security. During the last two years, President Obama has answered those concerns by increasing border security more than many believed was possible. He has dedicated unprecedented resources to America’s borders, put in place smarter and more strategic interior and worksite enforcement standards, and improved America’s legal immigration system.
· Those efforts have yielded real results. There are twice as many border patrol agents today as in 2004. And this Administration has deployed unmanned aerial vehicles to patrol the border from Texas to California.
· For the first time, America is screening 100 percent of southbound rail shipments – seizing guns and money that are headed south even while going after drugs headed north.
· Although there is no single, easy answer for addressing increased gas prices in the short term, there are things we can do to guarantee that Americans aren’t victims of escalating gas prices in the long term.
· One of those things is ending $4 billion in unnecessary tax breaks for oil and gas companies and instead investing that revenue in shrinking the deficit as well as in clean energy research and development that will create jobs and end America’s reliance on foreign oil.
· America has to make smart investments in a more energy independent economy. Those investments will make our economy stronger, create 21st century industries and jobs, and reduce America’s reliance on an always changing oil market.
STATEMENT: Berry Administration Attacks Career First Responders After His Administration Okays the Paperwork
10 May 2011